ART: INDEX CARD A DAY #2

My "Lily" plant that I suspect may be a pineapple... Location: out my window - Ansbach, Germany
ICAD Day #2. Woohoo! Only 59 days left to go - not that I'm counting... ;) I am so excited for this challenge still! I am using it to experiment and try out new ways of watercoloring. Yesterday I use my gouache paints! - But today I stuck with my good-ol' reliable cheap korean watercolors. haha. I had a lot of fun with this.

The challenge to myself of not using pencil or erasing is coming on over to the ICAD challenge too. I am really building my confidence with this! Check out all my ICAD works

***

In other news I have been scouring the internet in search of Art Communities. I have created a couple of my own (Facebook and MeetUp - they're meant for people here locally so if you're close to the Ansbach, Germany area - or think you will be at some point - please join!) - but it's really hard to get them going. So, I have been searching!

I found one called Urban Sketchers and I am so excited for it. I am going to call today's work my first "urban sketch"! 

Here is what Urban Sketchers are all about:
  1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
  2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
  3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
  4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
  5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
  6. We support each other and draw together.
  7. We share our drawings online.
  8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.

So far, this painting follows the rules! Since the weather here in Germany is shit... I am pretty much stuck inside.  So here is my #1 Urban Sketch. Though, it doesn't seem like the weather will get any better soon (they say that it's going to be the worst summer since 200 years or something insane like that)... I will have to get up the courage to go to a cafĂ© and sketch some stuff!! 

Linking up with Sunday Sketches

POPULAR POSTS:
PS. If you're leaving a comment, please tick the box that says "subscribe to replies", that way you get an email when I reply to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!