ART: INDEX CARD A DAY #19, 20, 21

Happy Tuesday to all of you! How was your weekend? I went out and sketched some on Sunday ALL by myself, be sure to check it out the blog post and drawings here


I did that one from looking at a photo I took in Dinkelsbühl, Germany last year, I think in December. I am not sure how I feel about it. A lot of people were loving my buildings that I have been doing on my ICADs so I have been doing a lot of experimenting.

I really am loving the random colored backgrounds. Sometimes the background colors come from some other art challenge like, Summer of Color. However, most of the time, I pick out the photo of a building I want to draw (preferably my own photos) and I really think about this place that I went to, and I try to imagine the color that fits with this place. Yellow-y orange really fit with Dinkelsbühl, well, at least this building in particular... It probably was because this building was yellow. BUT, I also find that Dinkelsbühl is really an uplifting happy place for me, so yellow fits. 



Yesterday while taking the dog for a poo, I spotted some flowers, I picked a few different kinds. This poppy (?) was one of them. It was really interesting and fun to draw this floppy flower. I tried out some cross hatching for some depth. I think this is one that I might make prints of to put up in my (future) etsy shop! 


I signed up for a free class on Skillshare yesterday. The first step was to create a list of 20 things that you felt defined your day. Man, it was hard coming up with 20 things - for real. I don't really do a WHOLE lot during the day... My routine is pretty much the same every day. So, I added lame things like... The dishes. 



Bonus! Here's your puppy fix. This was his face after a kiss attacked him. Hahah. Not 100% sure what he's thinking... Hopefully the thoughts aren't too terrible... Hahaha. 

Doesn't he look kind of embarrassed? Silly boy. 








Also! Don't forget that Google Reader is saying ADIOS very soon! Please be sure to follow my blog with your favorite reader! Mine is BlogLovin! Click the image below!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!