PINTESTING: STRAWBERRY COBBLER


Welcome to Pintesting! Every Wednesday I am trying a new Pin on my Pinterest! I mean, honestly, how many pins do you have in your boards that you haven't tried? Yeah, that was kind of rhetorical... I know you've got a lot, don't deny it. 

Anyway, instead of Pinteresting with you, I am going to TEST PINS. Because, honestly, it's the right thing to do. So now, you can pin something else to your boards, but it's been tried and tested by someone that you... dare I say? Trust?? Well, hopefully you trust me! You're reading aren't you? ;) haha. 

Onward!! 

THE PIN IN QUESTION:
View Pin. View Original Source.
I saw this pin and was like, "I like strawberries, I like cream cheese!" it was perfect for me to try out this week!! I always have strawberries on hand, once they start coming into season. I haven't made a cobbler before, so it was an entirely new adventure for me! 


Ingredients:
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
  • 1 egg (lightly beaten)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • Strawberries
  • 4 oz (half pack) of Cream Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and pour into your baking dish. I am using a pyrex one, not sure of the dimensions, but it works for me.



Mix together in bowl (I decided to use my Kitchen Aid Mixer, because, why not??), egg, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk. 



Pour mix on top of butter, do not stir. 



Next, strawberries. And then your cream cheese on top. Again, no stirring. 



Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and bubbling on the sides.



Eat. 



Final verdict: It tasted really great but was not what I expected. I think I would change up a bit of the ingredients next time, adding perhaps some oatmeal, maybe some brown sugar, and the top crust stuff that you can make. 

It was a very easy dish to make! It literally took less than 5 minutes to whip together, and then just to wait on it to bake. But like I said, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It didn't turn out at all like the photo, maybe because I didn't keep the strawberries whole... My strawberries were huge, so I thought it best to cut them into pieces. Not small, or anything. But I liked the idea better, so I did it. I noticed it was a bit of a thin runny batter, so that's why next time I may add some oatmeal or something.

So go ahead, make it! I think it's a good base for a cobbler, but not the best ever. Again, super easy! I think you could really make something great of it! 


POPULAR POSTS:
PS. If you're leaving a comment, please tick the box that says "subscribe to replies", that way you get an email when I reply to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!