PINTESTING: CLEANING TIPS

Hey Wednesday readers! Today is another rendition of me testing out a pin that I've found on Pinterest! :) If you have been following my Pintesting posts, what do you think of them? Would you like me to make it a link up? Would you join in? Let me know in the comments below! 

I've been thinking that Pinterest is a good place for hoarding a ton of great ideas, and don't get me wrong it is. So, I've been forcing myself to do at least ONE pin a week! And I feature them here on Wednesdays.  

I know I have been doing a lot of recipes, but I am going to switch it up a bit! I've found a CLEANING pin! (those really aren't hard to find) But does it WORK?! Lets find out! 


THE PIN IN QUESTION:
PIN. ORIGINAL SOURCE.

RAD! This seems easy enough. And, I have one of those glass cook-top thingies. I thought that this would be a great pin to try out since my oven has been used by however many people... Who knows? Army housing. LOL.



Here's what you need [image from Behind the Studio, because I forgot to take a photo]:


Basically, a bowl full of hot tap water and dish soap, a cleaning rag, and some baking soda. Fill up your bowl with hot tap water and dish soap so it's all bubbly. Then stick your rag in it. 


Here is my before shot. Yeah, I know it's gross. But like I said, it's been however many other people's stove as well. I can't account for their cleanliness!

Now, pour a shit load of baking soda on it. She said "generously" over the affected area... For me that was... The whole damn thing... I am surprised I still have baking soda left over...


Now, you ring out your towel (aka cleaning cloth) a bit so that it's not SOPPING wet, but a bit wet. And lay it over the "affected area". For me, again, was the whole stove top... So I used two cloths. 


You're supposed to leave them there for at least 15 minutes or longer. I did it for longer. Not sure how long. But it was the whole time the pizza was cooking, plus the time that it took me to eat said pizza.

So here you are folks, the after shot...


Honestly, I can't REALLY tell a difference... I've tried and tried scrubbing this damn with with no luck. Maybe it's just not meant to be clean... 

FINAL VERDICT: Go ahead, give it a go. Plenty of people said that it did a great job on their stove top, and others said it was so-so. To me, it just looked like I wiped it down with a sponge. Hey, at least baking soda is cheap, right? I might give it another go, add some vinegar? Give it that bubbly action? hahaha. 

Have you tried any pins lately??

POPULAR POSTS:
PS. If you're leaving a comment, please tick the box that says "subscribe to replies", that way you get an email when I reply to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!