ART: CREATIVE COACHING WITH GINNY

Have you heard of Creative Coaching? I never really thought it was a "real" thing to be honest. I had heard of people doing it, but I just didn't really think of it as something that I could do, or would be able to afford to do. However, upon recent my recent discovery of Ginny Lennox's Blog, Special Moments in Time, she had blog post offering her services to try. I commented on  her post, saying that it was definitely something that I would like to try out, but didn't really know if it was right for me, or what it entailed. 

As you all know, I am hoping to open an Etsy shop soon. *Still crossing fingers on getting the application approved*. Ginny sent me an email very quickly saying that she thought her creative coaching would be perfect for me! I was excited to hear that, however, still slightly apprehensive. We set up a FaceTime date, and the first time we talked (last Monday) I was totally nervous!

I really shouldn't have been, Ginny is a certified Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach! Here is a little about her:
We all go through transitions in our lives.  We all have dreams we want to turn into reality and goals that we want to accomplish.  When I was 49 I decided it was time to lose weight.   I lost 160 lbs over the course of two years with the help of my husband.  At 51, I decided I wanted to learn to ski.  Again, with the help of my husband and a great ski instructor I learned to ski.  I will never forget my first nighttime skiing experience.  It was so exciting and exhilarating.  When I think that something may be hard to accomplish, I just visualize flying down School Marm with the stars in the sky and the snow glistening below me and I remember nothing is impossible.  Over the past several years I have learned to snorkle, started writing a book, started painting again and  started a business to help women create the lives they want to live.  I also taught an e-course called Circle of Dreams and now I have become a Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach. 
I've worked with individuals, small groups and entire schools to make their goals and dreams come true.  I led the charge to have a public school become a fine arts conversion charter school.  Six hundred children, their parents and the staff all cheered the day our dream came true.  For the past year, I have been working with women to help them find time for themselves and their dreams.  In this hectic world, we as women often put ourselves last.  In order to make your hopes and dreams come true, I believe it is important to remember who you are and what you want so that you can create the life you want to live. 
I continue to dream and to grow and to change because that is what makes life fun for me.   Blogging has become an important part of my life.  Through my blog I have connected with women all over the world.  Please feel free to contact me at ginny.lennox@comcast.net.  I would love to talk to you about your life and your dreams. 
Remember: When you share your dreams with the world, magic happens!  [source]

She is really something! I admire her that she just makes a goal and achieves it! Woohoo! And all that weight?! Wowzers, let me tell you guys, she looks fantastic! She reminds me of my awesome grandmother, which is amazing.

We had our first Creative Coaching session last Monday, she worked so well with me on the times! And THANK you to her for being willing to talk to me at 7am her time (1pm my time)! It just worked out perfectly!

During our session we mostly did the get-to-know-you's. I was pretty nervous, as I am with most new things. However, Ginny was great at easing my nervousness by letting me know that she was pretty new to this too! That immediately made me feel way better. She wanted to know what my goal was -- and as I have said, it is to open an Etsy shop. Wheeew. There is a lot of work to put into such a thing.

Some things that I learned from Ginny in our first session was to give myself credit for things already accomplished. Sometimes this can be a very difficult thing to do, especially if you're always thinking about the next step ahead. Take a breather and remember that you've already accomplished something, and you're one step closer! NOT just ANOTHER step farther away!  This piece of advice was pretty much mind blowing for me.

Another great piece of advice that she gave me was to give myself credit for the time I have spent just THINKING about the next project I'd like to accomplish. This is something I had never thought of before! Not always is ONLY action something to give myself credit for, but thinking about my next project. This is also something creative, and it COUNTS!

These are all really great tools that Ginny taught me during our first session. Even though it seemed awkward at first, I really gained some great knowledge! I think this is going to be something pretty great for me! Ginny is awesome, and it is just nice to have someone else creative to talk to. Also, she's on my side. It's great to have a cheerleader! :)



POPULAR POSTS:
PS. If you're leaving a comment, please tick the box that says "subscribe to replies", that way you get an email when I reply to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!