PINTESTING: SPICY SAUSAGE PASTA

Welcome to Pintesting! Every Wednesday I am trying a new Pin on my Pinterest! I mean, honestly, how many pins do you have in your boards that you haven't tried? Yeah, that was kind of rhetorical... I know you've got a lot, don't deny it. 

Anyway, instead of Pinteresting with you, I am going to TEST PINS. Because, honestly, it's the right thing to do. So now, you can pin something else to your boards, but it's been tried and tested by someone that you... dare I say? Trust?? Well, hopefully you trust me! You're reading aren't you? ;) haha. 

Onward!! 

THE PIN IN QUESTION:
VIEW PIN. VIEW ORIGINAL SOURCE.

So and so (you know, whoever I pinned this from) claims that her husband asked her to make this again for a total of 4 times before they even got done eating! That really, to me, has to mean something! Right?


 Yeah, sometimes I like to get all artistic with my ingredients, so what?

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 lb smoked sausage (I totally just used Polish Sausage, cause I can.)
  • 1.5 cups diced onion (Just like her, I used pre-chopped frozen onion.)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced (I always use more garlic than necessary.)
  • 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth (Used what I could find at the commissary. Don't judge.)
  • 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream (I probably used more than 1/2 cup, I didn't feel like measuring and having left over cream.)
  • 8 oz penne pasta (I used... about half the bag.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
  • 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (I used what I had which was the pre-shredded Mexican 4 cheese)
  • 1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions (left this out entirely)
I think that it's really funny that I am pretty much a rule follower except when it comes to recipes. I rarely follow them word-for-word, and they tend to turn out edible. It's a win-win.



Stick the meat, onions, garlic in a pan and heat until, it smells good. :) I am so glad that polish sausage is pre-cooked. haha. I would fail at life if it wasn't. She said approximately 4 minutes was a good amount of time. It seemed pretty good to me.



 These are the cream, chicken stuff, and tomatoes/chilis that I used. Stick it all in. Well, only 2 cups of the chicken stuff. Pour it all into the pan. With the pasta (you don't HAVE to use penne if you don't want to!). 




Bring it to a boil and then cover, turn it down to med-low and let simmer for about 15 minutes. It'll look something like it does in the photo above. I was pretty sure I could just eat it right then! Now, take the pan off the burner, add your shreddy cheese and mix it in. At this point, I also added some Paprika and some crushed red pepper.


Since I don't own an "oven safe pan" I just poured it into a glass thing that's okay for the oven. And then, I put a bunch of cheese on top and decided that bread crumbs sounded like a good idea too. 




Looks good to me! Of course, since she mentioned on the pin, I asked husband 4 times throughout dinner if he would want me to make this again. He said yes, every time. Also, I asked him if he would like me to change anything, and the only thing he requested was more veggies. I love husband. I think that's definitely doable. I would add some corn, broccoli, and any other veggie I could get my hands on into this not-too-spicy dish! :) 

Final verdict: Make this!
Husband wasn't AS excited as said Pinner's husband. But, he liked it. That's all that counts, really.  




POPULAR POSTS:
PS. If you're leaving a comment, please tick the box that says "subscribe to replies", that way you get an email when I reply to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!