PINTESTING: PB & BANANA DOG TREATS

The Pin in Question:
See Pin. See Original Source.

My dog loves treats. But, his favorite are not the healthiest for him. You know, I don't even really know what's in them. But they're his favorite so even though husband and I read all ingredients in everything that our family digests... This is one exception (along with Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing...). Koodge really loves the treats that we give him, I am pretty sure though, he'd eat anything that came from our hands. His favorite is cauliflower... Anyway. I have been wanting to try a homemade dog treat recipe for quite some time now! 

Look at this, I made it all kinds of cute for you all! 


Ingredients:
  • one large banana
  • one egg
  • one cup whole wheat flour
  • one tablespoon pure maple syrup. (I used honey, I have no "pure maple syrup").
  • one third cup peanut butter
  • one half cup oatmeal

Directions:


Heat oven to 300 degrees F! 


Now, blend together egg, banana, honey and peanut butter until it looks like... something your dog would eat. 


Add in your whole wheat flour and oatmeal.


Mix together until it, again... looks like something your dog would eat. lol! Also, I tried it at this point, since it looked like cookie dough. And it tasted like, bread dough. And something my dog would eat. Ha. Though, it smelled SO good! 


Put it out onto a floured surface.


Roll it out to about one quarter of an inch thick. And cut out with a cookie cutter... Or if you don't have a cookie cutter, like me, use something suitable. I was using the top to a multivitamin bottle I had on hand. I thought that it would be a good size for Koodge. I was thinking about using one of my tall skinny glasses. But that would be more like a big cookie... I wasn't sure how I felt about that.


Now, I am super lazy. So, I ALWAYS line my baking pans with parchment paper. If you're not into parchment paper, do it however you like. Bake for around 25-30 minutes. Depending on how crunchy you want your dog's treats to be. The second batch that I baked I had to bake for 40 minutes. I think I rolled them a bit thick. But I don't think Koodge will mind either way! 


AND the VERDICT!! 


You see this drool? That was from just LOOKING at the treat, after he only had ONE.


MAKE THESE! I am sure your dog will LOVE them just like mine did! 

Honestly, I had to try a nibble too, especially after seeing all the drool. They tasted like... Flour. Haha. Sugarless cookies. I think my husband will eat them too. He's weird like that and says he "doesn't like sweets". So I think Husband will get a treat when he comes home too! ;) haha.


PIN TESTED - PUPPY APPROVED! 

Let me know if you try these! :)


POPULAR POSTS:
PS. If you're leaving a comment, please tick the box that says "subscribe to replies", that way you get an email when I reply to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!