PIN TESTING - FRUIT PANCAKES

The Pin in question:
Click here for pin. Click here for Original site.
So who doesn't love some pancakes?! I was super stoked when I saw this pin! I love pancakes! 

Now, the original pin says to do this like, heat up your oven, and use their pancake recipe, which I totally recommend you doing! I mean, why not give it a go? However, I had my own pancake recipe that I love, and, I don't have any oven safe pans! SOOOO. I kind of put my own spin on things! (aka, I didn't follow the pin at all, I just looked at the photo and went with it!). 

So, the first thing I saw, was fruit! And, I had a bunch of strawberries that I really needed to use up before they went bad. 

So, I cut them up! Enough, I thought to make a bunch of fruity pancakes! 


Now, onto the actual recipe that I used. My Grandma gave me the recipe, and I totally love it!


  • 3/4 cup   buttermilk (I usually use vanilla almond milk, and it turns out wonderfully!)
  • 2 eggs    (separated)
  • 1/2 cup   flour
  • 1/2 tsp    baking soda
  • 1 tsp       baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp    salt

First thing's first. Separate the egg yolks, and egg whites, and put them in two separate bowls. Add the buttermilk (or milk of your choosing) to the egg yolk bowl.



 Now, whip up those egg whites until they're nice, fluffy and have cute little peaks. This can take about... I dunno 3 minutes?? That's why I use my hand mixer.



Ha, ooops, I forgot to add a photo, but now you need to blend together your egg yolk and buttermilk! Then, add your flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Blend some more! Wooooooooo.


Looks... yum?? Now, add your fluffy egg whites to your other mixed up bowl! And fold the mixture into itself. I use just the hand mixer without turning it on. Cause, I'm lazy, and don't really want to dirty yet another utensil.


So once you fold in all the egg whites, it'll be super fluffy!


Make sure your griddle, pan, whatever you're using is nice and hot!  Throw on a few strawberries and watch the magic happen! haha. Just kidding, you'll have to flip these. Be careful, the strawberries are kind of slide-y. 






They were amazing plain with some butter. Also darn amazing with syrup! lol!

Final outcome: 
It's a go!! Go for it! Add fruit to all the pancakes! haha. I bet they would be pretty amazing with some nectarines!

Claire Sutton was really onto something when she came up with this goodness!! You should definitely try the full recipe! :) Let me know if you do!



POPULAR POSTS:
PS. If you're leaving a comment, please tick the box that says "subscribe to replies", that way you get an email when I reply to you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!