SKETCHBOOK: PART 1

Hey there everyone! Welcome to another weekend rendition of what I have been working on artsy-wise for the week! :) Thank you for stopping by! 


 A disgrace to teacups every where?? Or, utter genius? I am going to go with the latter...



I worked on my second tiger in my entire life. I think the first tiger I worked on was when I was like 10. So, just saying... I found this photo to work from, and it was a lot of fun. Actually, I am pretty damn impressed with myself. lmao. 



I found a super cute teacup on Pinterest and just had to try my hand at painting it. It was really detailed so it was really fun to paint all the little flowers.



And this little guy. I was so proud upon finishing him! It looks like A DOG! Ack! Woo hoo. Found a photo of him on Pinterest too.



Made up this silly and fun quote, and painted it. :) It made me happy.



Yes, I painted my blog header!! And then I took a photo of it (with my iPhone5 by the way) and put it into Photoshop Elements. I outlined it in there to give it a little oomph. :) Man, I tell you what, I am so proud of this!



Also, if you take a look below my navigation (about, shop, contact, etc etc) you'll see my new social media icons. :) At first I didn't really like them. I had to pull them into PSE (photoshop elements) and brighten them up, and put white in the white parts to make them really stand out. Or else they really looked dull and hard to read. So what do you think of these hand painted elements?


I found this photo on Pinterest and thought that it would be super fun to paint. I love coffee, so... I just had to!



The other day I was approached for an advertising spot on Two Martini Lunch. She needed a square button of mine. So I was thinking that I wanted to make a self portrait with watercolor to add to it. :)


This is what I painted. I was having a hard time with shading on the nose, and was getting quite frustrated. My friend suggested that I take it into PSE and draw on it, to see if I could come up with something better than possibly painting it too much and ruining it. Great idea she had!


So there is my final drawing of myself. I think it turned out quite well. :)


And this is what I came up with for my square buttons! :) So happy with it! :) I love that I can just take a photo of one of my paintings and put it into my computer, and work on it some more. It's nice.

I think I am going to work on having some more watercolor elements on my blog. I am pretty stoked! :) 

Since this post is getting kind of long, I am going to make another post for tomorrow!! :) So be sure to stop back by, I would love it if you did! 


Have you worked on anything artsy lately? I would love to see! Check out these link ups below!! :) 


BWS tips button




37 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of how creative and artsy you are! That is super awesome that you can paint stuff and just take pictures of it to put it on the internet. I am thoroughly impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooove your social media icons. They are so perfect for your blog. You've been busy, really like all your paintings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so incredibly talented! :) The dog is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm brand new here and I love this post. I always enjoy seeing what others do atsy wise and I love your style and color choices. I especially love the books one but I'm bias because...I love books. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much talent here! The dog and your self portrait are my favorites...awesome work! Love it!!


    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. The painted blog elements look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your self portrait - and what a wonderful variety of art you have here. I have one of those little Boston terriers - they do make terrific art subjects - yours came out great. HPPF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are awesome! You have some real talent! I LOVE the header and teacup! It must be nice to have such great artistic ability!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've been busy and very productive! Your blog elements and other paintings are very good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. smashing variety of artwork and am loving the little dog. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so talented, really! Love all your work and that new word I've been seeing 'bomb diggity'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never heard that? Haha. I think people used to say it all the time when I was younger. hehe

      Delete
  12. Oh forgot to leave my link

    http://www.cmlk79.blogspot.ca/2013/03/sandy-hook-auction-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great. I especially love the coffee cup on the books. I admire your ability to work with a variety of mediums and the fact that you choose so many different things to express your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your header and icons - they're lovely. I have tried to do this myself before but never had any joy - I wonder if I could do something in Paintshop to make my idea pop a bit more....

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your sketches, the one with the books and the cup is great.
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The new header and the icons are great! You did a wonderful job! I also love the sketchbook drawings. My favourite are the books with the coffee mug.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you've been so busy. Loving all the artwork. Especially like the dog, he's got a great expression on his face.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful pieces, really fun, pretty and fresh! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of excellent creations ~ love the animals especially ~ enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've been busy, Adrienne! All of your watercolors are fab, but since one of my 3 dogs is a Boston Terrier too, that's my favorite. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the intricacies of the tea cup; the books and coffee cup drew me in as well; the tiger was tops! And your self portrait is nice in both forms! Happy painting and playing! PC art is something I have yet to indulge in but might. You've given incentive. Happy Sunday Sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woww I would never imagine that your started out with your banner by photographing it with your iphone. I love all of the drawing, nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the tiger and the cup of tea. Happy belated PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you've been busy with all these watercolors. I love that you did your own icons & your header! terrific watercolors...great job on your self-portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I noticed right away that your blog really POPPED! SO I guess I'm loving your artwork as cool bloggy stuff. ;) Great art so enjoy your process!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! And thanks for stopping by! I appreciate it!

      Delete
  26. This is my second try at posting a comment... wrote war and peace the first time.. this time you get the cliff notes... bloody awesome... love the watercolours and the tea cups, and the header... love it all actually...xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all of them, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorites are the colorful teacup and the stack of books with coffee. If only my sketches of teacups and mugs actually resembled teacups or mugs! Beautiful painted roses on your web site, too.

    www.dandelionhomemaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!