Brownie Recipe

SOOO The other day a blog friend posted about chocolate, I then immediately needed something very chocolatey! I didn't have the umph to actually make something until about 1830 and then I was deflated when I figured out I was missing a few ingredients for what I really wanted to make, so then I opted for brownies. Too bad a lot of the recipes that I had called for like, real chocolate, that is chopped up. Pft, who has that just... All the time?? Not I! I also had no vanilla... and while people say that you can just omit vanilla with not too negative repercussions ... I didn't trust them! 


So off I went to explore the mass recipes for brownies that did not call for real chocolate, or vanilla. I found this recipe here. So here i am going down the list of ingredients, check, check, check, check. Woot, I had it all! 

So here I am mixing in all the ingredients, sugar, flour, -- Cocoa powder, crap, I totally do not have enough... UNTIL, I realized I also had some dark chocolate cocoa powder! WOO HOO. So I just added that in along with the regular cocoa powder (baking cocoa). Along went in the eggs, salt, butter, and some chocolate chips. I sat there and thought to myself...I need to add some almonds, SO I DID. -- You know, before I really started cooking, I really thought you HAD to follow the recipe COMPLETELY. But you can pretty much add whatever you want to whatever. Lol. And you'll probably be okay, probably.  -- Anyway, you just mix it all together with a spoon (so easy), and there you have it, brownie batter.

Let me tell you, the batter was INSANELY delicious. I kind of wish that I didn't bake it all... Because, OMG. I am drooling now, just thinking about it, and I made these like, two days ago.

I put some brownies that looked like dirt, into a bowl and added ice cream. It was awesome. And I continually feel proud of myself for making things from scratch as apposed to using a pre-mixed box or something. It's a pretty awesome feeling. 


Recipe*: 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. 
If not using parchment paper to line your pan, generously slather with butter, and a little bit of flour to reduce sticking!
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • ¾ cup flour
  • ¾ cup cocoa powder (I used half regular baking cocoa, and half dark chocolate)
  • 3 eggs
  • ¾ cup butter, melted
  • ½ teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
  • ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (didn't measure)
  • Some almonds, I also didn't measure this either... 
Bake for 20-30 minutes. (Also, I do not know if my oven is messed up or something, but it took way longer than 30 minutes for me to bake these... lol)

Warning: batter is considerably tastier than final baked outcome... Isn't this always the case?? Maybe save some in a bowl for later... 

*Again, recipe adapted (kind of) from THIS RECIPE.

1 comment:

  1. I love making things from scratch! It makes me feel all domestic haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate it SO much!